Road Construction Projects
2022 Road Construction Projects
- Warner Avenue from Stillwater Road to Maple Street will have the top layer of blacktop removed and repaved for a smoother more pleasant motoring experience. The trail that abuts Warner Avenue will also be removed and replaced as part of this project.
- Maple Street and Locust Street between Mahtomedi Avenue and Warner Avenue will be reconstructed with new curbing and blacktop surfacing. A new concrete sidewalk will be installed along the south side of Maple Street. The intersection of Forest Street, Maple Street and Mahtomedi Avenue will also be realigned to make it safer for pedestrians and the vehicles. The Maple Street and Locust Street projects will temporarily close the Streetcar Trail at these street crossings. Detour routes for the trail will be posted at the sites.
- Wildwood Road (CSAH 12) from Century Avenue to Veterans Memorial Park will be reconstructed by Washington County in 2022. Expect new replacement curbing, sidewalks, trails and paving throughout the project. The County will be adding a traffic signal at Wedgewood Drive and Wildwood Road as a safety enhancement for pedestrians and motorists. Other pedestrian and bicycle enhancements will be occurring throughout the corridor also. There will be periodic closures of this segment so pay attention to the detour signage!
- The City will be making storm sewer improvements along Lincolntown Road near Old Wildwood Road in order to solve ongoing flooding problems related to the adjacent ponds.
- The City will be constructing a concrete sidewalk from the end of Gosiwin Avenue to Dahlia Street complete with landscaping to enhance your walking experience.
- Several sanitary sewers in the City will be cleaned, televised and relined. This should cause little to no disruption of your daily activities due to this maintenance work.
- Lastly, the City will be fog sealing, crack filling and restriping several roads in the City as part of an annual street maintenance program. This will only cause and inconvenience on the day the day the sealing occurs.